14 March 2012

to hair is human

I became so tired of my thick mop head of hair. Bored. Uninspired. My Mister loved it. I did not. It was unruly and frumpy. My unstylish locks screamed, "homeschool mom".I rarely wore it down. Always had it tied back. All I was missing was the denim jumper to complete the homeschool stereotype. Then I had an idea...


I'll donate it to science-or to a really sweet person who needs it more than me. But I needed at least 10 inches. Once it was measured and the family was in agreement, I called Earl...

And he chopped my pony tail. Off. Now my hair is super short. When I went to pick up the oldest at piano, his comment was, "I didn't recognize you.It's not terrible." My other boys were not quite as diplomatic with their responses. They hate it. Who cares? It's hair. I am thankful for a healthy head of hair that can be cut on a whim-and will grow back in a matter of months. I am thankful to be able to help-in the tiniest of ways-a child who needs the hair more than I do. And to get a free haircut from a super cool,crazy guy is just icing on the cake, baby.xo

No comments: