18 June 2012

i have a dream



 There is a small town in Pennsylvania that called to us this passed weekend. We drove up-a mere 32 miles-to inhale the fragrant fields of lavender. It was dreamy. And at that moment I turned to my Mister and said, "Let's do this." I want to plant a field {or two} of lavender. So many varieties!

I want to invite friends and strangers over to hear live bluegrass music, to sip purple lemonade, to clip stalks of this fragrant herb to hang to dry in their closets, to watch local artisans fashion their wares as we watch. I want to hear horticulturists inspire us to use herbs to heal and garnish. This passed weekend we walked onto a small farm where we saw all of these things and left inspired. I am reminded of the verse in Proverbs 31, "she considers a field and buys it." Now to find the land to plant our fields of lavender.
I'll keep you posted! xo gf

No comments: